[support] Error trying to install module in new site.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Mon May 30 01:11:14 UTC 2011

Hello all.

I am installing another testing domain with
Drupal 7. The first one is running fine with
Marinelli and does part of what I want to learn
to do. So I decided to have another site, for
testing and leave the first one to improve things
done under testing/developing. I installed
without problems (version 7.0 , that is the one
that install my server with CPanel) and ai
decided to upgrade. By the way the upgrade oin
1st site was done fine and the site works fine apparently.

After upgrading the second site and receive no
errors (it was empty so I guess it should upgrade
without problems) I decided to start configuring
it by installing some of the modules I was using on the other.

I tried installing TOKEN and PATHAUTO as I did on
the other but this time I receive this error:

---------------------------------
Error message•
The specified file temporary://filesTktdp could
not be copied, because the destination directory
is not properly configured. This may be caused by
a problem with file or directory permissions.
More information is available in the system log.

•http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/token-7.x-1.0-beta2.tar.gz
could not be saved to
temporary://update-cache-eda84aec/token-7.x-1.0-beta2.tar.gz.

•Unable to retrieve Drupal project from
http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/token-7.x-1.0-beta2.tar.gz.
---------------------------------

my guess is that when I uploaded the upgrade to
7.2 a permission of one directory that acts as
temporary was affected... but I can not find which one.
I have not tested in 1st one (let's name it
"production one" but I guess could be affected
also since the procedure was the same...

- Any ideas of what to do to fix this?

- Any other suggestion on checking production
site ? (everything is working fine, I posted an
article after upgrading as a normal user without problems)

Thanks in advance for all your help and time on this.

Jorge Biquez