[support] Using Git

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 6 03:31:30 UTC 2011

I have downloaded msysgit.
	1. It has a GUI built-in, so why does everyone list command line stuff? I was dragged, kicking and screaming, into the GUI world and really don't want to go back, especially when I have to type in really long file locations and arcane parameters.
	2. All I want to do is commit (CVS term) my changed code to D.O. I don't need a lot of other fancy stuff.

	3. How do I get my 6.x code into my D7 sites/all/modules, convert it, and save it back as a 7.x version?
Secondarily, I need to use it for patches to other modules.

Yes, I have been looking at the tutorials on D.O. Seriously, do you think an old blond like me understands all that with limited to no explanations on what I am doing?

Nancy