[support] rewrite rule problems [neighborhood-association.org]

Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel) thummel at email.arizona.edu
Wed Nov 9 22:30:37 UTC 2011

Using a CMS without a RTE, I created a page and pasted into the body:   <a href="/session/session-one">Session One</a>

After saving the page, I edited it again and found it changed to:

I've been going back and forth with people on the national Drupal support listserv and got the two suggestions below.  Can you please check my php.ini and conf files to see if there is anything unusual in them?  I've done many, many Drupal installs any several different servers and have never run into this problem.

Suggestion 1:
Looks like magic quotes or some such php setting might be turned on. In your installation.  I'd look for these in  your php.ini

Suggestion 2:

It could be in the .htaccess file which has a conditional for checking mod_rewrite, but most of the effective settings are in the httpd.conf file.  cPanel scripts can mess up the .htaccess files uniformly.  The RewriteRule and RewriteCond are things to look for in httpd.conf.  Someone might have mixed up your slashes.

Another issue is that might possibly be causing a problem is that the account's main domain is not longer valid.  I put in a request today to change the main domain to a valid DN.

Cc: 4452

Thanks,
Tracey

Tracey Hummel
University of Arizona
University Information Technology Services, Web Services
1077 N Highland Ave, Room 337, Tucson, AZ 85721
(520) 626-5139
tracey at arizona.edu
http://tshummel.com/