[support] questions about building a site

Jim Ruby jim at v-community.com
Wed Nov 9 23:20:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been asked to build a drupal site that will have the following
features.

1. moderator access level to be able to
a. enter users address and contact information for a user on the site, the
user will be a member of the site, the user may see his/her contact
information, if requested. By default they will not.
b. ability to keep notes on the user that is only visible to the moderator

2. second feature is to grant access to files was thinking of using:
Acl and content access modules.

I did this in d6, but I know I should be able to do this a lot better in d7.
I would like to start from the ground up thinking there is better and easier
ways to accomplish this.

Access levels would be
Admin myself
Moderator about three people that will manage the above features.
Clients user of the system that the moderators will keep track of contact
info, notes and progress and content access.
Anonymous access to learn about the site and that is about it so far.

If anyone has any suggestions on things to consider or modules I should read
about I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Follow me on:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1rubytweets