[support] Support Ticket Opened Spam?

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Wed Nov 16 17:49:08 UTC 2011

On 16 Nov 2011, at 7:25 PM, Marty Landman wrote:

> At 11:44 AM 11/16/2011, Ms. Nancy Wichmann wrote:
>> I got 448. The system owner has apologized. Let's stop now, as this
>> is becoming spam itself.
>
> I agree. There ought'a be a special corollary to Godwin's Law to
> cover just these types of situations. Like the Law of Meta-Spamming
> or something. Just thinking out loud here.

Oh, the irony. ;)

I just got a personal email from pinky.goyal22 at gmail.com:

"Sincere apologies for my error that caused automated emails to be
sent to you from the address pinky at evakoss.com. I was working on a
support ticket system for a client and when testing the system I
didn't realize that the system would send a support ticket in response
to your email I've received and responded to in the past.

I'm very sorry and will take extreme caution so this issue never
occurs again."

But I've never communicated with this person in my life.

I'm really battling to imagine an entirely innocent use-case scenario
for scraping mailing list archives for email addresses and names.