[support] Support Ticket Opened Spam?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 17 13:29:58 UTC 2011

Ursula Pieper wrote:
> I complained to abuse at blackmesh.com, and got the following reply (pasted
> below). The medispend.com people could inspect the email headers, and
> complain to the hosting company of the originating email sender. I emailed
> blackmesh.com and support at medispend.com and asked for the full headers of
> one of the spam emails.
> I know that this is probably futile, but sometimes, I just need to try to
> stop these people.

A strong option would be to complain to the DNS provider.  Doing a
tracert for iade122lmp01.blackmesh.com I end at psoriasispro.com but
doing a tracert for blackmesh.com I end at blackmesh.com and doing a
tracert of psoriasispro.com I end at an IP address within rackspace.net.
 Doing a whois lookup for blackmesh.com I find the registrar to be
godaddy, doing a whois lookup for psoriasispro.com I find the registrar
to be corporatedomains.  I'm thinking some funky DNS entries are
pointing a blackmesh.com subhost into psoriasispro.com and psoriasispro
has an open relay.

--
Earnie
-- https://sites.google.com/site/earnieboyd/