[support] Security updates and maintenance mode

Alison alison at ssrv.org.au
Thu Nov 17 20:53:32 UTC 2011

Building a new site, and had installed "Views" and "Advanced Help" modules amongst others a week or so ago. Apparently there has been security updates for both since I downloaded both modules. When I checked the site this morning (Australia time) it was in Maintenance mode. Which I hadn't previously selected. Is this an automatic "feature" or had my site been hacked?

Interestingly I couldn't switch the site out of maintenance mode until I did the update. I hadn't actually done anything with the Views module - defined any views, so I de-selected it under modules, deleted the /sites/all/modules Views directory and installed the newer version.  As with "Advanced Help". Now everything seems back to normal.

Alison