[support] Changing backgrounds

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 18:14:56 UTC 2011

Are they talking about advertising skins? If so then most of those are
usually delivered through javascript. The real pain in them is sometimes
you do have to alter the CSS, especially offsetting the main page to
accommodate the skin. I've tried numerous times to come up with a more
universal approach, but there really isn't any.

If it's all CSS, then actually a custom module could be written to do
that in under an hour. A simple configuration page and then adding the
CSS to the page, making sure it appears below all your other stylesheets
so nothing gets overridden. It would probably end up being quicker and
less cumbersome then using something like context.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net