[support] view from different content types (views3)

Ursula Pieper dramamezzo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:47:47 UTC 2011

I was trying to create a view from two different content types, joining on
a certain field.
Both of the content types have a database id, which is unique in one of
them (sequences), and not unique in the other one (clusters).
I want to create a views of all nodes with certain search criteria from the
clusters content type, but include another field from the sequences content
type (annotation).

It didn't look like I could do that in a standard views3 way, and would
probably require a custom module.
However, I am time pressed (no time for anything custom here), and would
like to also use the exposed search capabilities in views.
Anything I overlooked?

Thanks, Ursula