[support] was Sup Dig 106. Now:Found what breaks drupal7

Jeff Brown jeff at wildcoast.com
Wed Oct 5 06:37:05 UTC 2011

Next time you'll backup your database first, eh?;)

As said previously, it's probably not a great idea to modify core
themes.

But anyway, I just tested your scenario and can't reproduce it.

Here's what I did: copied the Garland theme to sites/all/themes/test
moved garland.info to test.info
replaced all instances of the word "garland" with "test" in
theme-settings.php, template.php and test.info

Importantly (I think) I commented out the line "package = Core" in
test.info. ;D

Changed the theme to test and everything is working fine.

I highly recommend you have a look at Sky and Corolla, which are
sub-themes of Adaptivetheme. There's even a sub-sub-theme called
Footheme, with which you can override the CSS and keep your changes
separate and organised.

That could be considered top-heavy, I guess, but it's worth it for the
time saving, and mobile-ready layout, amongst many other nifty features.
And it's especially great for someone like me, who is more a content
provider and sysadmin than developer. (My grasp of CSS is tenuous at
best.)

HTH