[support] was Sup Dig 106. Now:Found what breaks drupal7

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 5 11:47:43 UTC 2011

On 05/10/11 17:37, Jeff Brown wrote:
> Next time you'll backup your database first, eh?;)
>
> As said previously, it's probably not a great idea to modify core
> themes.
>
> But anyway, I just tested your scenario and can't reproduce it.
>
> Here's what I did: copied the Garland theme to sites/all/themes/test
> moved garland.info to test.info
> replaced all instances of the word "garland" with "test" in
> theme-settings.php, template.php and test.info
>
> Importantly (I think) I commented out the line "package = Core" in
> test.info. ;D

Thanks for trying.
That's what I did in the first instance, it worked briefly then failed,
Did not change anything.
Strangely I could reproduce the failure each time using the same database.
New database and the problem went away until I changed the colours, then
same failure occurred.
Fortunately it's a dev database so it doesn't matter if basic "stufff"
gets lost.
  I've installed another theme that seems to be very good for the purpose.
thank you
Roger