[support] MySQL problem on Drupal 6

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:03:41 UTC 2011

Hi.

When attempting to install Drupal 6 when I enter my database
details, MySQL throws the error that no such file exists & to
check my database name & user.

I've checked MySQL & the DB is there with the correct name &
password I gave it so I'm stumped.

Do I have to alter the line `$db_url =
'mysqli://username:password@localhost/databasename';' in my
settings file & if so, if the name of the DB was `foo' & the
user `bar' what syntax would this require.

I'm attempting an install on OS X Snow Leopard with MySQL 5.19,
PHP 5.3.6 & a localhost installation on a Macbook Pro. I've
followed all the install instructions & PHP is working with a
test page from inside my Drupal directory.

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,

     Phil.
--
Please consider the environment before reading this email...