[support] MySQL problem on Drupal 6

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:09:37 UTC 2011

The format will be the same, replace
username by mysql username - usually root
password by mysql password - usually blank
localhost by hostname - usually localhost
databasename by DB name you created - i believe you mentioned foo, so type
the same in here too.

For more you can also refer http://drupal.org/node/126558

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> When attempting to install Drupal 6 when I enter my database
> details, MySQL throws the error that no such file exists & to
> check my database name & user.
>
> I've checked MySQL & the DB is there with the correct name &
> password I gave it so I'm stumped.
>
> Do I have to alter the line `$db_url =
> 'mysqli://username:password@localhost/databasename';' in my
> settings file & if so, if the name of the DB was `foo' & the
> user `bar' what syntax would this require.
>
> I'm attempting an install on OS X Snow Leopard with MySQL 5.19,
> PHP 5.3.6 & a localhost installation on a Macbook Pro. I've
> followed all the install instructions & PHP is working with a
> test page from inside my Drupal directory.
>
> Thanks for any help...
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Phil.
> --
> Please consider the environment before reading this email...

Regards,
Vaibhav Jain