[support] mail issue: new user registration email not being sent

Bill Traynor btraynor at mvista.com
Thu Sep 1 14:00:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> Bill Traynor wrote:
> > Does anyone have any additional avenues I can explore?  Or tests I can
> run?
>
> Is your PHP set to use sendmail or SMTP?  Have you researched the PHP
> and Apache log files?  Are there changes to .htaccess which you're
> unaware of?

PHP is set to use sendmail.  php.ini contains:  sendmail_path =
/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
I can send email manually, as well as from Drupal, such as the Password
Reset function.

Yes, when the 'Create New Account' button is clicked, no log activity is
generated anywhere.  This would lead me to believe that the 'Create New
Account' button isn't doing anything.  I'm investigating that now.

I am unaware of any .htaccess changes.

> --
> Earnie
> -- http://progw.com
> -- http://www.for-my-kids.com

Bill Traynor
Technical Writer & Community Manager of Meld.org
MontaVista Software, LLC
2929 Patrick Henry Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054