[support] mail issue: new user registration email not being sent

Bill Traynor btraynor at mvista.com
Tue Sep 6 20:45:40 UTC 2011

I think I'm getting warmer.  The error_log shows the following when a new
user registers:

Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /var/www/
dev.meld.org/drupal-6.x/sites/all/modules/ctools/plugins/access/php.inc(55):
eval()'d code on line 1, referer:
http://dev.meld.org/admin/build/modules/list
http://dev.meld.org/member/register
Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /var/www/
dev.meld.org/drupal-6.x/sites/all/modules/ctools/plugins/access/php.inc(55):
eval()'d code on line 1, referer:
http://dev.meld.org/member/register

But how would I go about tracking down the offending ' character?  As you
can see, the error also occurred when logged in as admin and listing the
modules.