[support] PDF as a menu item

Marty Landman mlandman at face2interface.com
Wed Sep 14 14:42:50 UTC 2011

Nancy,

Sometimes it can be a challenge to relate a server file path with a
url - at least one that actually works. :-)

What I do at these times - besides make a cup of coffee - is step
back a bit and go to a file / url relationship that I know works. For
instance the CHANGELOG.txt file, often left on the webroot. If you
can get that to work on the menu then put the pdf there and if that
works, then go from there maybe.

What I'm trying to say is that when there is a confusion I find a
step by step approach beginning with something that works is what'll
usually save my butt.

hth,
Marty

--