[support] Menu Items w/o Links

Kenneth Jacker khj at be.cs.appstate.edu
Fri Sep 16 15:23:09 UTC 2011

Thanks, Jeff, for your *quick* reply!

  jb> So, I just tested and it does exactly what it says on the tin; but
  jb> doesn't do what you/I need. By itself <nolink> can only display
  jb> expanded menu items.

Yes ... the "non-linked" menu items provided by the "Special Menu Items"
module are visible, but you can't click them to dynamically
expand/collapse sub-menus.

  jb> However, the project page does say " It is recommended to use
  jb> SimpleMenu module or another dynamic menu module or you will not be
  jb> able to access children of nolink menu items."

A quick read of SimpleMenu suggests that it places a menu at the top of
the page (versus, for example, the "left side bar").  Have I
misunderstood the SimpleMenu module?  Anyone used it?

The "Menu Item Container" module looks perfect, but, unfortunately,
isn't available for D7.  :(

Am I "out of luck"?

  -Kenneth