[support] Trouble installing Mollom

Prothero William waprothero at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:45:41 UTC 2012

Folks:
I am trying to install Mollom on a Drupal V6.24 site. I have uploaded the module to the all/sites/modules folder and am getting the following error message on my site, and Mollom doesn't show up in the modules list.

Error: first two lines
warning: file_get_contents(sites/all/modules/mollom/mollom.info) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wap/public_html/includes/common.inc on line 3667.
warning: file_get_contents(sites/all/modules/mollom/tests/mollom_test.info) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wap/public_html/includes/common.inc on line 3667.

I get 4 of these lines. I have Captcha module installed, but disabled. Also, when I enable it, the number of error lines (same as above) increases. Could there be an interaction between the Captcha module and Mollom, even if Captcha is disabled?

Also, I've gone through the installation tutorial, created a free Mollom account, but am now stuck.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks,
Bill
Prothero William