[support] Trouble installing Mollom

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 3 11:35:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Prothero William <waprothero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks:
> I am trying to install Mollom on a Drupal V6.24 site. I have uploaded the
> module to the all/sites/modules folder and am getting the following error
> message on my site, and Mollom doesn't show up in the modules list.
>
> Error: first two lines
> warning: file_get_contents(sites/all/modules/mollom/mollom.info)
> [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> /home/wap/public_html/includes/common.inc on line 3667.
> warning: file_get_contents(sites/all/modules/mollom/tests/mollom_test.info)
> [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in
> /home/wap/public_html/includes/common.inc on line 3667.
>
> I get 4 of these lines. I have Captcha module installed, but disabled. Also,
> when I enable it, the number of error lines (same as above) increases. Could
> there be an interaction between the Captcha module and Mollom, even if
> Captcha is disabled?

This has nothing to do with mollom or captcha or any other module.  It
has to do with permissions of the directories.  The web server needs
to be able to read the directories.  Are you managing the server
yourself?  If so take a look at chmod documentation and if not get
with your hosting support.

--
Earnie