[support] Freetagging in Drupal 7 Taxonomies

DTH david at hartster.org
Tue Apr 3 12:59:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm adding blog functionality to a D7 site. I'm using Taxonomy to add
a list of checkboxes for authors to tag posts. However, people will
always want to add extra tags. Rather than force people to edit
vocabularies, are there any contributed modules that allow for people
to choose "other" and then add extra terms on the node form? I don't
want to use the autocomplete widget as (based on current usage), I'll
know we end up with a ton of similar/mispelled tags, plus I want to
force people to reuse existing tags/limit the tags they use.

I'm aware of Hierarchical Select, but that seems overly complicated
for this purpose (and I'm somewhat reluctant to use an Alpha release
of a module with 143 open bugs on a live site).

Thanks,

David