[support] duplicating Database problem

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 5 13:34:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:
> Using Drupal 7.12
> I'm building a live site and wish to duplicate the database.
> I used phpmyadmin to copy the database on the server and cpanel to
> download to my pc.

IMO, phpmyadmin is the wrong thing to use for Drupal DB due to size.
I tend to use mysqldump -uname -pword database > mysite.sqldump.

> I keep running into an error:
> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 27: Duplicate entry 'comment_publish_action'
> for key 'PRIMARY'

Makes you wonder how the data was entered into the DB doesn't it? :D
Was there a primary key on the original DB table?  You could try
dropping the PRIMARY key declaration in the dumped file (i.e.
mysite.sqldump) before you import it and then try adding a PRIMARY key
after the data is imported.

--
Earnie