[support] duplicating Database problem

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 5 23:13:45 UTC 2012

Thank you.
I had tried Backup/Migrate and gave up.
It appears there is a problem with php and phpmyadmin, probably
something to do with a data limitation in php.
I don't know anything about this other than it has been discussed on the
web.

So I ssh into the server and did a mysqldump of the required database ,
scp the file across to my machine then after installing a copy of the
drupal system on my pc I ran mysql to restore the database and
everything worked with no errors.
Mysql handles the process with ease.
Of course none of this is available with shared servers and that's where
my next problem will arise. Putting the whole thing onto a shared server
with terminal access unavailable.
Cheers
Roger