[support] Trouble with Relative Times and Filtering a View

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Apr 9 23:13:41 UTC 2012

Client needs content published to a feed automatically, once every 24 hours
at a particular time. The content has already been created for all future
posts.

I set it up as follows:

Content:

Item A: Post date set to 4/9 6 PM
Item B: Post date set to 4/10 6 PM
Item C: Post date set to 4/11 6 PM
Item D: Post date set to 4/12 6 PM

I've created the feed in a View.

Number of items to display is: 1
Sort is ascending on Post date.
Filter is set to: Post date is greater than now - 24 hours.

This does not work. With this configuration Item A only gets onto the feed
at 10:01 PM on 4/9.

It seems to work right if I set the filter to: Post date is greater than
"now - 20 hours."

Clearly this must have something to do with the fact that the site is in
"EDT" which is UTC - 400. The site uses Drupal 6.25 with Date 2.8. The site
time zone is set to "America/New York" and "user configurable times zones"
are "disabled."

Though I seem to have it working, I'm still confused. Can  anyone explain?

Thanks,

Shai