[support] Importing ONLY nodes from D5 into D7 - Errors!!!

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 10 13:41:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Jessica Hannan - Halo Digital Design wrote:
> I have a client that wanted to upgrade from D% to D7. Fortunately, they were ok with starting all over... but now that the website is ready, I need to move the nodes in.

Going from D5 to D7 steps:

1) Upgrade all modules in D5 to most current D5 version.
2) Disable but do not delete all D5 non-core modules
3) Upgrade to core Drupal-6.0
4) run update.php for Drupal-6
5) Upgrade to Drupal-6.25
6) run update.php for Drupal-6
7) Upgrade all modules to their D6 most recent versions
8) Enable the contrib modules to ready them for update
9) run update.php for Drupal-6 contrib modules.
10) Upgrade to core Drupal-7.12
11) Upgrade the contrib modules to their D7 most recent versions.
12) run update.php for Drupal-7 core and contrib modules.

> I exported the nodes into a sql file, imported them into the new database and although they show up in the new database, when I go back to the new website, it's giving me  the following error.
>
> "PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'language' in 'where clause'...

These happen because the upgrade path is lost when upgrading to higher
versions of core.

> There is no column titled "language" in the nodes. I don't have a language or translation module loaded.
>
> I rolled the database back to get the website functional again, but I'd like to try to make this work as there are 207 nodes that I'd rather not add by hand!!

Yea, don't work on the live site before you have it working in a dev
site.  This is a rather large undertaking and you want to make sure
that the site works between update.php executions so that if something
breaks you know which step broke it.

Ping me off list if you need more help.

--
Earnie