[support] D7 Rules - Combining Conditions.

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 18 04:52:03 UTC 2012

I'm watching Johan Falk from http://dev.nodeone.se/node/993

I feel I'm not completely understanding Content Management and it's got
to be easier than I'm making it.

  My problem:
Each state or territory has to have it's own page/s and it's own editor
and reviewer.
The editor or reviewer for each has to be able to log in as a user/role
via Rules to their appropriate state's page/s for editing and review. So
far so good.

If I have only the <front page> and simply display blocks for the
different states and territories and their authorities, on that page,
how can I give each editor of each block permissions to edit only their
respective block of data.
and...
Does Workbench moderate blocks of data/information?

If a node is promoted to front page, it appears as the first page generated.
Question is, what if I need it on another page, how do I promote a node
to a page of my choosing?
Is every page considered to be the front page?
Currently I have 20 pages some with blocks, none promoted to front page.
Just some basic book cover info and a menu on <front>
Should all pages be promoted to front page? If so, how would Drupal 7
differentiate between which page to display in what order?

I've got books and gloogled but information seems sparse and does not
cover these issues.

I have a feeling I'm getting into more complexity that I need to by
having a separate page for each state and territory and for each
authority in that state or territory.
Help on understanding the above is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Roger