[support] Help required for PHP script

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 30 12:47:04 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM, salil GK <gksalil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>   I am pretty new to Drupal. I wanted to develop a site pretty quick for
> porting my existing site to Drupal. What I am trying to do is - create pages
> corresponding my old pages and provide them through menu. So user will be
> able to use the functionality by navigating through Primary links or menu.
> My back end scripts are PHP script ( basically from my forms I wanted to
> access the forms php scripts in the  back end !! ). I was wondering where
> can I put my old scripts in the drupal directory so that the pages works as
> such ... Is there any settings required for this ?

Make sure to use the PATH module and assign your external URL to an
alias matching the old path.

So for example in my old site I have example.com/foo.php and
example.com/bar.php.  I store these in a directory oldsite under the
Drupal root directory then in my drupal admin/config/search/path UI I
add http://example.com/oldsite/foo.php aliased to foo.php and
http://example.com/oldsite/bar.php aliased to bar.php.  Then the user
will still see example.com/foo.php and example.com/bar.php.  This also
leaves your search engine links in tact.

Good luck,
--
Earnie