[support] Strange characters in source of block

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 30 12:57:58 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Anthony <tony at tony-mac.com> wrote:
> The problem seems to have something to do with settings for so called magic
> quotes. I have been advised and I quote:
>
> This is a recent Hostmonster and Bluehost server issue
>
> In php.ini change this
>
> ; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
> magic_quotes_gpc = Off

But these are ensured off by .htaccess.  They are also removed (i.e.
does not exist) in php 5.4.

> But now I have another problem. As soon as I try to save a block I get a
> message similar to the following regardless of browser used. The wording in
> Chrome is:
>

> The changes you made will be lost when you leave this page. Are you sure you
> want to leave this page?
> [with choices] Leave this page? Stay on this page?

Try clearing the cache in both the server and the browser.

> Any experience with this?

A bit of jquery js script added to Drupal to ensure that you save your
data before leaving the page.  I've not had it miss appropriate
itself.  I have seen the message when I've added data and not saved
it.

--
Earnie