[support] Strange characters in source of block

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 30 13:11:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Anthony <tony at tony-mac.com> wrote:
> One other thing with this backslash situation:
>
> I looked in the log and find some entries I can not explain. I know I was
> sitting in a pub drinking beer with a buddy on the 26th from 6-9.
>
> Yet the log says an anonymous user was running cron at 19:33. Is this

The cron process would run as the anonymous user from the crontab
entry, I assume you have one setup in your cPanel.

> something automatically run? Then the message about an image not being able
> to be generated sounds like one of the errors I had when I was trying to fix
> the backslash problem. I certainly wasn't awake at 2 in the morning. Not
> having much experience at all with the logging system in Drupal I really
> don't know how to explain. (yes my time zone settings are set to west
> coast.)
> Here just a few of the entries.
>
> cron 04/27/2012 - 09:48 Cron run completed. Anonymous (not verified)

Generated by the cron run, which is OK.

> image 04/27/2012 - 06:37 Unable to generate the derived image located at...
> Anonymous (not verified)

Generated by some module, I don't know if it is good or not.

> page not found 04/27/2012 - 02:20 node/7 Anonymous (not verified)

Someone accessed node/7 and it doesn't exist.

> cron 04/27/2012 - 00:52 Cron run completed. Anonymous (not verified)

See above.

> page not found 04/27/2012 - 00:52 node/11 Anonymous (not verified)

Someone accessed node/11 and it doesn't exist.

> image 04/26/2012 - 23:15 Unable to generate the derived image located at...
> Anonymous (not verified)

See above.

I don't see anything in the operation here that would cause the &quot;
or \" entries.  Note that \ is prepended to " before saving it in the
DB via http://us3.php.net/mysql_real_escape_string and is supposed to
be in the DB data if that is where you are checking it.

--
Earnie