[support] openlayers_proximity module does not provide contextual search in views

Christian chrisboo at web.de
Tue Aug 14 12:17:14 UTC 2012

Hello,
I hope someone can help me with the following problem

I need a contextual filter in a view to search for nodes in the
proximity of a city given in the url. I used the openlayer locator
feature (http://drupal.org/project/ol_locator) to get started and it
works as promised with normal (non-contextual that is) filters.

However, according to the thread #1469956: [Meta] - Improve
Views-powered Geofield proximity searches
<http://drupal.org/node/1469956> comment #59 there should be a
contextual filter in version 7.x-2.x of the openlayer_proximity module
which I have installed. However, there is none in my setup. Furthermore,
there is this comment #1 to the thread with the promissing name of "Cant
find Views contextual filter for proximity
<http://drupal.org/node/1566286>" that the filter was renamed, but I
cannot find it nevertheless.

Was this feature removed again or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks a lot!
Christian