[support] Hierarchical relationship of nodes

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 14 18:13:45 UTC 2012

I've used http://drupal.org/project/relativity but it isn't ready for
D7.  It allows you to create a child node from the parent node or
assign the hierarchy from existing nodes.  But it doesn't do the
inheritance.  I found the following possibilities for it, I've not
used any of them.

http://drupal.org/project/bundle_inherit
http://drupal.org/project/field_inherit
http://drupal.org/project/inheritedformatter

Earnie

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I'm getting ready to start a site that will center on three types of nodes
> that are in a hierarchy. The parent node will have lots of fields, the child
> node needs to inherit some of those fields, plus add some of its own. Then
> the grandchild inherits from the child.
>
> I'm not seeing a lot of ways to handle this without a bunch of custom code.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Yes, I have seen "Hierarchical Organization of Nodes" on GDO. It didn't
> address this need.
>
> Nancy
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.

Earnie