[support] Help in using Location module

daniel bareket danielbareket at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:15:20 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
I have a content type that should have a Location field. But, instead of
the user filling the location for every item, I would like him to only
choose a location from his own list of pre-defined locations.
I've managed to create a string field that allows the user to choose from
his list and contains the location ID.
The problem is that in this method Drupal doesn't recognize it as a
Location-type field, and therefore all the advanced options like displaing
on a map are not available.

I've thought about two methods to solve it:

   1. When the user create the node, he will choose from his list, but
   Drupal will save it as it would save a node with new location.
   2. The data would be saved in the same method I'm using now (string
   field with the ID), but somehow I will tell Drupal to recognize it as a
   location.

Not really sure which one is better, and I don't know how to implement
either one.

My Drupal version is 6.

I hope it was clear enough. If not - I will try to explain again.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Daniel