[support] Proximity search / view with contextual filter

Christian chrisboo at web.de
Sat Aug 25 13:24:10 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am looking for a way to implement a view with contextual filters in
the following way:
/[term]/[city]
The resulting site should display all nodes with the taxonomy term in
the proximity of the city.
This seems like a very common task to me but I have not been able to
find an answer to this for weeks... Does anyone use this kind of view?
Which modules (and versions) are you using? Might this be possible with
Apache Solr?

I tried so far:
-locations: can only search in the proximity of zip codes, but I need cities
-openlayers_proximity: the contextual search seams to be broken

Please, any help is greatly appreciated!

Christian