[support] SOLR or Sphinx

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:02:25 UTC 2012

Hi All
As I will be first time implementing searching stuff , need some guidance
from you.

My requirement is I need to search key words from tables, or from files
stored in web server.
When I was seraching in google, came across SOLR and Sphinx.

I hope both SOLR and Sphinx can support searching from tables as well as
from file contents.
Please correct me if I am wrong in above assumption.
Also I assume both SOLR and Sphinx both have capability to do a full text
search, do search for misspelled words etc.

Which one is easy to integrate with Drupal 6?

Best Regards
Kamal
NECS, Bangalore