[support] SOLR + TIKA- Missing content from .pdf, etc....

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:45:06 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have Drupal 6.25 running the Solr search engine with apache-solr-3.6.1,
drupal apachesolr module 6.x-1.7,
drupal apachesolr_attachment module 6.x-1.0-beta3 and Tika tika-app-1.2.jar
on red hat 5 with php 5.3.

My search engine works, but it does not index content from any .pdf, .doc,
.tgz,
I do not see any errors on the report modules or solr's log

>From the command line Tika does return results.

I Google to see if can find an answer to the problem and I have not found
the solution yet.
Different message say to move tika to different places like
(apache-solr-3.6.1/contrib/extraction/lib
or a link to apachesolr/contri/extraction/lib) and have try but no solution.

I am NOT using Tomcat, should I???

Any ideas to get solr and Tika to play nice.

Thanks,