[support] Drupal 7 multi site problem

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Dec 19 00:22:25 UTC 2012

<snip>
Hi
I seem to have problems getting multi sites to work.
On my home pc Fedora 16 I have latest Drupal 7 in /var/www/html
In /sites I have example.com. In example.com I have settings.php and
/files both a+w
I have not installed the base drupal as I only wish installation of
multisites.
</snip>

Further to this problem posted earlier.
I have found just now that the problem seems to be example.com which
confuses the system.
--I created 2 new folders in /sites example1.ab and example2.ab and
copied default.settings.php to both,  renamed and set files and
settings.php to a+w.
--Set /etc/hosts to 127.0.0.1 example1.ab and example2.ab
--Created <Directory /var/www/html/example1.ab> and <Directory
/var/www/html/example2.ab> in httpd.conf
--Created 2 databases example1 and example2
Installed the multi sites as one would expect.

I have no knowledge of why example.com does not work, eliminating it
seems to solve the problem
I only hope the same technique works on the centos shared server
thanks
Roger