[support] Difficulty creating content

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Thu Feb 2 22:38:58 UTC 2012

Note, I have discovered a workaround with which I can live in the
process of writing this email. I've decided to complete the email so
that someone else having a like problem might find this.

I have created a new site using a codebase shared with others.

I have created two input formats
	General	All roles may use default format	configure
	Wiki	authenticated user, Committee	configure	delete

For some time I was fixated on these being at the heart of my problem,
but it's not so.

I have created a user account, santa, with no special permissions, but
then created the roles Committee (which you see there) and Power, with
permission to do everything.

Using another browser, SeaMonkey 1.1.14, I logged on as Santa and
created a blog entry. I have subsequently editted it a few times.

The first problem I noticed is that the menu for "Input format" does not
expand.

Some time later I saw that "Attached Images" and "Book Outline" do not
expand either.

While composing this email, I logged onto another of my sites, one where
I have created content successfully in the past and discovered the same
problem.

My conclusion is that the version of Seamonkey I am using is
incompatible with Drupal 6.x. I do have Javascript enabled

Just possibly, the problem arises because I have denied cookies: while
console.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield.