[support] Difficulty creating content

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 3 14:23:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM, John Summerfield <summer at js.id.au> wrote:
> Note, I have discovered a workaround with which I can live in the
> process of writing this email. I've decided to complete the email so
> that someone else having a like problem might find this.
>
> I have created a new site using a codebase shared with others.
>
> I have created two input formats
>        General All roles may use default format        configure
>        Wiki    authenticated user, Committee   configure       delete
>
> For some time I was fixated on these being at the heart of my problem,
> but it's not so.
>
> I have created a user account, santa, with no special permissions, but
> then created the roles Committee (which you see there) and Power, with
> permission to do everything.
>
> Using another browser, SeaMonkey 1.1.14, I logged on as Santa and
> created a blog entry. I have subsequently editted it a few times.
>
> The first problem I noticed is that the menu for "Input format" does not
> expand.
>
> Some time later I saw that "Attached Images" and "Book Outline" do not
> expand either.
>
> While composing this email, I logged onto another of my sites, one where
> I have created content successfully in the past and discovered the same
> problem.
>
> My conclusion is that the version of Seamonkey I am using is
> incompatible with Drupal 6.x. I do have Javascript enabled
>
> Just possibly, the problem arises because I have denied cookies: while
> console.

You need to select the roles on the "Input Format" settings form of
the roles who have ability to use that format.  If only one is usable
then there is no reason to allow for a selection.

Also check your admin/settings/filters/defaults page and your
admin/settings/filters/settings page.

You might be interested in the better_formats module as well.

--
Earnie