[support] drupal upgrades? automated?

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 4 22:31:48 UTC 2012

This is why I don't use the Update module on most of my live sites. I have back ups of all my sites set up locally in a multi-site per core version. I update my core and contribs there first and make sure that things are working. Then I move the code to the live sites.

Yes, this can mean that there are temporary security vulnerabilities. I'll take that risk over the likelihood that something will break if I just upgrade willy-nilly. Plus, having already tested, I know whether or not to follow those instructions.

Oh, and I have also had problems come up by allowing Windoze to update itself.

Nancy