[support] support Digest, Vol 110, Issue 7

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 5 00:27:28 UTC 2012

On 05/02/12 06:02, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
> Security updates with only the security update are released as
> previous version +1 and all other changes including the security
> update is released as previous version +2.  Since previous version in
> this case is 7.10 then 7.11 only contains the security update and 7.12
> contains all updates since 7.10.
>
> I updated several sites yesterday to 7.12 without any issue.  They are
> continuing to work as expected.  However I do not use drush and cannot
> speak to how that may have affected Roger's sites.
Ah yes. I believe Drush is the problem here.
I played in Fedora 16 fresh install last night trying to understand the
Drupal 7.10 - 7.12 issues and7.12 is fine - provided- that the install
is done manually, ie manually copying over everything except the /sites
folder.
During experimentation I uncovered another gotcha that I do not yet
understand.
brief example:
mysqldump a working database
Create an empty database in mysql with the same name user and password
as the mysqldump file.
mysql -uroot -p newdatabase < old.sql to recreate the database.
After installing Drupal with a dummy database, install all the modules
and themes as per the original.
All works fine.
Go to settings.php and change the database, username and password to the
installed mysqldump database and the new installation starts with the
mysqldump database.

At least that's how it has worked for me previously. However with the
sandpit Fedora 16 site, all I get is a blank browser,  regardless of
whether both or either drupals  are set to maintenance mode or not.

More testing today
Cheers
Roger