[support] Accessing multiple virtual sites on a development machine

Alison alison at ssrv.org.au
Sat Feb 4 22:26:49 UTC 2012

Hi, having spent the last few days building a new Centos 6.2 (RHEL 6) webserver and migrating 5 low-traffic Drupal virtual sites to it - successfully, now looking to use the old server as a development machine. Brain is a bit worn out so this may seem a silly question, but how can I access the development machine sites? Localhost just gives me the first Apache default listed site, and using the domain names takes me to the new server. Tried listening on a different port, didn't help, nor did using 127.0.0.1 - loopback. Must be an easier way than setting up a local DNS server and changing development machine domain names.

Suggestions please.

Alison