[support] HTTP error 12152 when inserting a new item

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 15 13:53:11 UTC 2012

2012/2/15 Frédéric Charrier <fcharrie at yahoo.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I have a strange behavior with a Drupal 6 website : my customer receive an
> HTTP error message "An HTTP error 12152 occured", when he tries to add a new
> file into a node (add new item).

   12152       ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE
               The server response could not be parsed.

> It seems to be an Ajax problem : in the message box displayed, we can see
> "/content/js_add_more..."

Or a partial response string before the client timed out.

> Other problem seen (I suppose they are related) : on this server, the MySQL
> process is sometimes consuming a lot of CPU, and we need to restart the
> server.

I'm guessing this is more the issue.  You'll need to study up on
tuning MySQL server to perform better or hire an expert in the field
to do it.

> I googled, but can't find any solution to these problems. I just realized
> that the PHP memory limit is only set to 48 MB, which is a small value I
> think. I asked the provider to increase it to 128 MB.

Once you begin upgrading to Drupal 7 it is a good idea to increase the
memory from 48 MB.  You'll need to look at your hosting service plan
to determine how much to give each process.

> Do you have any advice on how to understand this problem ? Can the memory
> limit be an explanation ?

I think it is probably more the MySQL issue.

> About the website config : I use Drupal 6.24, and the main modules are CCK,
> Filefield sources to allow linking a file uploaded via FTP, Nodeaccess,
> Search files, CKEditor, and a few modules made specifically for this
> project.

I can see your Drupal version is up-to-date, how about your modules?

> Thank you in advance, and so sorry for my poor english,

Votre anglais est très bien. Pas besoin de s'excuser. Je ne parle pas
du tout français pour l'anglais est mieux que rien. Tranlated par
Google.

--
Earnie