[support] content provider role?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Jan 13 23:22:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use Drupal as a newbie and want to create a user type
called content provider. Basically I want folks to be sub-editors on
the site, so they can add content and edit it, but without being
administrators. Is there something I'm missing in thinking that this
needs an add-on? Can I do this straight out of the box?

References welcome.

Dave

--
It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the
bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of
Countervailing Power