[support] Entity Reference

DTH david at hartster.org
Mon Jan 16 22:24:18 UTC 2012

I may be doing this wrong but:

In one of my content types, I want people to be able to select an
existing node, so I can use some of the data from the existing node of
content type "page".

I've installed Entity Reference. This works great but for the fact
that I can only choose to show in a dropdown every page node,
which in this case means a dropdown with nearly a thousand options,
when really I want people to choose from a more limited section of
options (e.g. where field1 = foo and field2 = bar etc). Especially as
you can only see the Title of the node, which in some cases is
repeated in irrelevant nodes.

I've looked at Entity Reference View Widget, which allows you to
create a View, but the output isn't ideal (e.g. it's not a dropdown,
but lists every filtered option with a checkbox, whereas I definitely
want people to only choose one option).

Is there another module/better way/hook etc, which would allow me to
filter further the Entities in the dropdown, more than just by Content
Type?