[support] Bulk update of page titles & URL Alias?

Daniel Germer daniel at triple5.org
Wed Jan 25 06:58:52 UTC 2012

I suggest that you do this not via phpMyAdmin but with a simple SQL
query, via ssh.
alternatively you can also do in in phpMyAdmin.
I would prepare a query that does it in one run
If you are afraid of fumbly fingers or not: first backing up your
database is always the way to go!

The fields to change are

node.title WHERE node.nid = '##'
url_alias.alias WHERE source="node/"'node.nid'

(UPDATE node , url_alias SET ...

You can create a list of your node-ID, url_alias, node-TITLE in a
texteditor like vim,
and then replace each line with regex to the needed SQL code.

run this for testing purposes on some test-nodes and then apply it to
the full list.

the advantage is that you don'T have to install a module with
side-effects and additional server load and you can easily record and
repeat the steps