[support] Multiple path aliases?

Gerald Klein jk at zognet.com
Sat Jun 2 19:21:59 UTC 2012

Hi and thanks for the post, I have created the content in views blocks so
that isn't my actual issue. The issue is that if joespage appears in more
then on section I have to duplicate the page to ensure that when the user
looks at joespage in sectionthis that the right side tertiary menu's will
still show the content links for sectionthis. So the content is covered
what the problem is, is the repetitious pages. I have approx 16 employees
and they are in each 2,3, sometimes 4 sub groups within the company. this
makes for a lot of duplicated pages, think also like I have to work on a
specific page? I might have to open 3 or 4 before I hit the right one
instead of adjusting or adding content via a block on the blocks page and
using the URL as a filter on the one page. You are saying though that
multiple aliases plays hell with menu's? I was getting to the point of
writing a module to manage this. In this case though these page could be
kept from the main top navigation and be handled by "view" style side
navigation. I am using that for the secondary and tertiary menu's as the
action of adding or changing a group affilliation will also manage those as
these are clones of the member groups which I am using tags to create the
group affiliations, so by adding a member or changing/adding a member to a
group the menu will automatically change. These groups are already third
tier in the hierarchy of the menu so they won't be in the main nav. I
appreciate the help and the warning about the aliases any further thoughts
are welcome.

thanks

--jerry

ContactMe at geraldklein.com