[support] Create and manage content directly from the database.

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jun 7 15:20:02 UTC 2012

You might consider using a project I created called Forena.  It's report
writing software and can report directly against tables in drupal or
other databases.  In this fashion you could display the booking data
directly without having to try and create nodes from an MS access
database.

It would probably be easier to write a custom drupal module to update
the booking table structures than to get MS access to create nodes in
drupal.  The primary problem is that you'd have to be rewriting much of
the cck logic in Access which seems like a lot of work, not no mention
some data structures in drupal are serialized php objects, so there
would be a lot of parsing code that would need to be written for this.
There are no non-php apis.

Creating php code to update a booking structure in drupal on the other
hand seems really straightforward to me.  I do this kind of development
work in drupal all the time.