[support] how to make this layout correctly

Wuxi Ixuw wuxi.ixuw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:50:36 UTC 2012

I feel that I am close to finish it.

When exactly to use Views? and what is the relation between Views and
Taxonomies and Contents Type?

will it allow me to list all TV Show episodes when I click on any given
TV Show link?

Also about the Main Presenter, how can I add it to the content type the
same way.

My point is to find a way to list contents in the website as a whole by:

1- TV Channel.
2- TV Show.
3- Main Presenter & Guest.
4- Topic.
5- Date Of Broadcasting.

So I've created various taxonomies like the following:

Vocabulary for each one of the above 1st four items (1- TV Channel. / 2-
TV Show. / 3- Main Presenter & Guest. / 4- Topic.).

Then I added terms for each one of them, like the following:

1- TV Channel vocabulary I've added a lot of terms, each term represents
a TV Channel.

2- TV Show vocabulary, I've added a lot of terms, each term represents a
TV Show.

3- Main Presenter & Guest, I've added a lot of terms, each term
represents a Main Presenter or a Guest. The reason for adding both Main
Presenter and Guest to the same vocabulary is that it happened a lot
that a Main presenter in a TV Show being a Guest in another TV Show and
vice versa, that the Guest in a TV Show being a Main Presenter in
another TV Show. So this is the main reason I've added all of them to
one vocabulary as terms.

4- Topic, then I added all required topics as terms.

So now I added the following modules:
- CHAOS TOOL SUITE
- FORM ELEMENTS - Hierarchical Select
- PANELS
- Taxonomy Menu

Then I added a content type with the following fields:
- TV Channel ... using the term references to connect it to TV Channel
vocabulary.
- TV Show ... using the term references to connect it to TV Show vocabulary.
- Main Presenter ... using the term references to connect it to Main
Presenter & Guest vocabulary.
- Guest ... using the term references to connect it to Main Presenter &
Guest vocabulary.
- Topic ... using the term references to connect it to Topic vocabulary..
- Broadcasting Date ... This one I need to make it in a pop up calender
way so if I click on any given date to list all episodes for various TV
Shows from any given TV Channel.

So how to make such a thing?

Thanks a lot

WI