[support] Changing File System

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 22:55:32 UTC 2012

I just discovered that one of the (D6) sites I occasionally work on has been set to use the private file system.I'll admit that I am not terribly clear on the differences, but I have never before used private - only public. Since this prevents CSS compression and the site is rather sluggish, I'd like to change it.

Is there anything special that I have to do when I choose the public file system?

Nancy