[support] Changing File System

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Mar 15 23:33:27 UTC 2012

Not normally.   Just realize that the files are no longer protected by
the drupal login or access settings, which means they could be accessed
by the public via someone's browser history or by guessing the url to
the file.  That is, files are not really protected from prying eyes.
This would be a problem if they have attachements on nodes that they are
trying to protect.

When the file system is set to private.  Drupal's php code is run to
check access settings prior to serving out files of any kind (whether
they be .css or .pdf or .doc files).

Make sense?