[support] Changing File System

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 16 00:19:07 UTC 2012

The only files are in content and are visible anyway. I can't imagine any reason to protect them.

Nancy

>________________________________

that the files are no longer protected by the drupal login or access settings,
which means they could be accessed by the public via someone’s browser
history or by guessing the url to the file.  That is, files are not really
protected from prying eyes.   This would be a problem if they have
attachements on nodes that they are trying to protect.

>When the file system is set to
private.  Drupal’s php code is run to check access settings prior to
serving out files of any kind (whether they be .css or .pdf or .doc files).

>Make sense?
>
>________________________________

3:56 PM
>To: support drupal
>Subject: [support] Changing File
System

>I just
discovered that one of the (D6) sites I occasionally work on has been set to
use the private file system. I'll admit that I am not terribly clear on the
differences, but I have never before used private - only public. Since this
prevents CSS compression and the site is rather sluggish, I'd like to change
it.

>Is
there anything special that I have to do when I choose the public file system?

>Nancy
>
>Injustice
anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.